Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Birth prayers answered


So let me state the obvious: labor is a huge life changing event for all involved. Seeing our first child, Eme, born two years ago, I was truly astonished of the greatness of God. To witness the birth of a child, my own child, is something ill never forget! We definitely experienced the greatness of God during Eme's birth, but to be honest, it was a very tough experience. Sarah had a really long birth, long transition, and many false alarms along the way. All this to say, leading up to our second child's birth, we became mighty prayer warriors. I remember Sarah told me three things to pray for specifically for the birth of our second child, Ruby. First, that there would be a clear start to the labor so that everyone could get to where they needed in time of the birth. Secondly, she was believing for her to be relaxed throughout the birth. Thirdly, she said she was really believing for a shorter transition. Well, I remembered the first birth experience and I knew how tough it was for her, so I started praying and believing with Sarah for the things she mentioned. We probably started praying for these things at least a month before Ruby's birth. 
Fast forward to September 24. Sarah wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me that her water broke. Number one prayer point answered. What better way to show the start to a birth than the water breaking! Within an hour, our midwife was there, of course I was there, and I took Eme to our friends, the Maynard's. Everyone was where they should be and now Sarah could focus on the birth. Things picked up pretty quickly after that. Contractions got more intense, and you could tell that Sarah was in a lot of pain. But then she hit a really long stride of being peaceful and relaxed through some really hard contractions. I remember thinking to myself man she is really in the zone. Second prayer point answered: God had given her a peace and relaxation to endure the intense contractions. On to transition. With Eme, Sarah was not only transitioning for several hours but also pushing for a long time. Well praise God for answered prayer number three because with Ruby, transition and pushing together we're well under an hour! The three specific prayers we had been praying for were completely answered!  I'm so proud of Sarah and so thankful to God for BEING THERE WITH US! God created us for relationship. He wants to be with us and love on us and teach us. I was reminded once again of how deeply God loves me and is interested in me and my thoughts and prayers. I encourage each of you to ask God for something after reading this. However big or small, silly or serious, God is interested in you and wants you to encounter his presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment