Sunday, October 9, 2011

30 dollar off coupon from God


Yet again, I reflect on my day today and know without a shadow of doubt that God knows me and that He loves me. Today, I decided to sell a bunch of books to a local bookstore. I was hoping to get enough money to buy some new shoes that I have been looking at for awhile.  Well, I didn’t sell as much as I wanted, but we decided to go to the mall anyways.  I was hoping that the shoes might be on sale.  On the way to the mall, Sarah prayed and asked God for the shoes to be on sale.  Well, we get to the shop, and the shoes are marked full price.  I also asked the sales associate if there was any way to get a discount.  He said no.  I was somewhat bummed, but I decided to checkout anyways and use some extra money I had planned on using elsewhere.  The cashier scans the shoes, and who would have known, the shoes rang up 30 dollars off!!  I had been looking for these shoes for months, and I had never seen any discount on them online or at a store. The final total ended up being nearly the exact amount that I had gotten from selling the books. The guy looks down in astonishment, “I guess these shoes were on sale.”  I love the little reminders that God gives to let me know that I am on His mind!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you blog. Congrats on your adorable family. Were we in high school 10 years ago? yikes!

    ReplyDelete