Sunday, October 9, 2011

The boiling shorts story


The other day at the mall, I bought some nice golf shorts for a really good deal.  I tried them on at the store, and they didn't fit great, but I figured since they were such a good deal, I would make them work.  Well I got home, and I knew that these shorts were not going to be very comfortable because they were way too big. I asked Sarah if they would shrink at all, and she said that since they were 100% polyester, they wouldn’t shrink.  So, here's the deal, I know God cares about me so much because He could tell that this was really bothering me.  So, I prayed and asked God to help shrink my shorts.  I know this is silly, but I know when I get this feeling of being bummed or overwhelmed or thinking about something too long, that God wants me to bring him the concerns.  Jesus tells us to ask God for anything in His name, and He will give it.  Lately, I have been encouraged more than ever to simply ask God for things, no matter how silly it is. Well, after I prayed, I looked online for ways to shrink polyester shorts.  I found one way that had me boil my shorts on the stove for 30 minutes and then iron them dry.  So I did all that, and guess what! Perfect fitting shorts! Whether God shrunk my shorts, the boiling water, or a combination of both, I knew that God was present and active in my life that day.  I knew without a shadow of a doubt that God cared about what was on my mind that day, and He helped me through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment